Technician in Automotive Mechanics and Vehicle AdaptationView the full employer profile
4350 Autoroute 13,
Van-Action (2005) Inc. is a subsidiary of Savaria Corporation. Van-Action (2005) Inc. specializes in the conversion and adaptation of minivans to transport people with reduced mobility.
Van-Action (2005) Inc. is currently looking for an automotive and adaptation Mechanic.
Under the supervision of the Service Manager, the incumbent is responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing modified vehicle equipment and developing customized solutions for the specific needs of our customers.
• Maintaining and repairing equipment as well as modifications of adapted vehicles;
• Installing equipment (Bruno, horizontal steering wheel, manual steering, backup steering, backup brake, etc.);
• Establishing a diagnosis of mechanical and electrical dysfunction;
• Developing tailored solutions to meet the specific needs of clients;
• Performing general welding;
• Carrying out road tests on vehicles;
• Contacting suppliers as needed;
• Performing other related tasks.
You must have the tools that are relevant to the performance of your duties.
Training and experience:
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a related field.
• Ability to use the OBD2 diagnostic tool;
• Knowledge of the 12 V racing circuit;
• Able to read electrical plans;
• Valid driver's licence;
• Welding knowledge;
• Knowledge of vehicle alignment (a considerable asset);
• Electromechanical knowledge (a considerable asset).
• Ability to solve problems;
• Enjoy working with the public with an ease in communications;
• Logical mind;
• Ability to manage unexpected events;
• Team spirit;
• Good sense of observation;
• Good stress management.
Please submit your application via Auto-jobs.ca.
• DVS in automotive mechanics or DVS in automotive electromechanics or the equivalent;
• Competency card for repairs of air conditioning systems (a considerable asset).